On December 4, 2016 we made history! Five hundred phenomenal women showed the world that we are one: Muslim and Jewish sisters united to put an end to hate. Never has there been a gathering of this magnitude in the United States.
The New York Times covered the conference: “Both Feeling Threatened, American Muslims and Jews Join Hands.”
We’ll post more of a report soon, but for now know that on December 4, over 500 women said goodbye to the darkness and became the light. We are a movement of women of faith changing the world!
Register today! You do not want to miss this transformative event. Several hundred women will gather at Drew University on December 4 for the 2016 Sisterhood of Salaam Shalom Leadership Conference!
“I attended the Sisterhood of Salaam Shalom Muslim Jewish Women’s Leadership Conference together with my 16-year-old daughter. I knew it would be a transformative experience for her, but I didn’t realize how much it would affect me as well. I feel hopeful that I can make a difference because I can build upon the real relationships that I made at the conference. As a mother, I am proud to raise my daughters to know and love their neighbors.”
We will come together for our third annual conference on December 4, 2016 at Drew University, and you are invited to be a part of this amazing gathering. Stay tuned here on our website and on our Facebook page for special announcements!
At the conference, participants will be able to:
- Meet other Muslim and Jewish women from throughout the United States
- Learn from the Muslim and Jewish female leaders who are changing the world
- Share in best practices on Muslim-Jewish dialogue and relationship development
- Participate in workshops (a selection of over 20 options) facilitated by leaders in interfaith dialogue end engagement
- Develop skills in order to become a stronger advocate of building relationships between Muslims and Jews
- Learn what you can do to stop anti-Muslim and anti-Jewish acts of hate
Presenters for 2016 include:
- Rana Abdelhamid
- Shagufta Ahmed
- Nadia Ansary
- Rabbi Justus Baird
- Robi Damelin
- Rabbi Amy Eilberg
- Mirele Goldsmith
- Salma Hasan Ali
- Mona Haydar
- Sharida Hussein
- Rabbi Marisa James
- Amber Khan
- Daisy Khan
- Rabbi Nancy Fuchs Kreimer
- Rohina Malik
- Janet Penn
- Sameera Qureshi
- Amanda Quraishi
- Ambereen Shaffie
- Renee Silverman
- Abby Stamelman Hocky
- Dilanz Waraich
- Racelle Weiman
- Milana Vayntrub
- Kat Vizcaino
- Homayra Ziad
The 2016 conference is a partnership between the Sisterhood of Salaam Shalom and the Drew University Center on Religion, Culture and Conflict. It is also cosponsored by the Foundation of Ethnic Understanding (FFEU) Women’s Weekend of Twinning.